This Medieval bridge is situated over the Tua river, next to Mirandela, constituting for many years the only way to cross the river to get in Mirandela.
The bridge was probably built in the 16th century and has suffered several alterations over the centuries. There is also a record that, in the same place, there was another bridge erected, probably built in the beginning of the 15th century.
Amongst the many restorations that the bridge suffered throughout the centuries like the one in 1910, as the year before four arches were destroyed in a flooding period, hence the ruined arches were replaced only by two bigger ones.
The bridge presents nowadays 238,5 meters length, based upon seventeen round arches, four of them pointed.
The roadway is plain and serves nowadays pedestrian use only.