Faça a sua primeira viagem e ganhe 5€ com o código GUIADACIDADE
The Santa Justa Elevator, also known as Carmo Elevator, is one of the most interesting monuments of Lisboa historical centre. Conceived by Raoul Mesnier du Ponsard in a Gothic Revival Romantic style, and inaugurated in 1902, it serves to link downtown Lisbon with the Largo do Carmo by means of a viaduct between Rua do Ouro and Rua Nova do Carmo.
The Elevator first started to work by Steam, and in 1907 it began working by electric energy, being the only vertical lift in Lisboa. Made entirely of cast iron and enriched with works in filigree, inside the tower the elevator has 45 meters and capacity for 45 persons in each cabin (there are two cabins).
The box office is located behind the tower.
There is a Cafeteria in the top with a magnificent panoramic over the city centre and the gorgeous Tagus River.